Wine Blog Tasting #5 - Castello Banfi Bell'Agio Chianti
Sunday, March 3rd, 2012
Name: Castello Banfi Bell'Agio Chianti
Variety: 100% Sangiovese
Region: Toscana, Italy
Country: Italy
Year: 2022
Price: $13
Winery Review: Castello Banfi Bell'Agio Chianti has a fresh and floral aroma with hints of ripe berries and plums and just a touch of oak. Bursting with fresh raspberries, the firm tannins and good balancing acidity round out this wine that has a lot of flavor in it. There is some cuisine that pairs well with this delicious wine.
Wine Folly: pg 162 Sangiovese/Chianti I get the notes of black fruit like plum, and decent acidity. Also, just a note of spiciness.
My Review: My mom was making beef borguignon with this wine so it had already been open for a while, I thought for the price it was decent. Very average wine in my opinion, but that matches the cost. Definitely some hints of spiciness and a slightly rougher finish, perhaps reflecting the quality. Decent tanins and acidity. Hints of black fruits and cherry as well.
I tasted this on its own with no food.
Comments
Post a Comment