Wine Tasting Blog #9 - Ogio Prosecco
Name: Ogio Prosecco
Variety: 100% Glera
Region: Veneto, Northern Italy
Country: Italy
Year: Not listed
Price: $6 (250ml bottle)
Winery review:
Toast life the Italian way! Ogio wines capture the Italian ideal of
unequivocal good taste. Ogio Prosecco comes from the D.O.C.
(Denominazione di Origine Controllate) region of Italy, meaning it has
distinctive features of superior quality. This Italian sparkling white
wine presents delicate aromas of pear and melon and crisp flavors of
pear, peach, apple, and citrus. It is crisp, clean, and a lovely
fountain of bubbles. It’s the perfect wine for any and all celebrations,
big or small. Pairs perfectly with sushi or a seafood feast. This
bottle size is the perfect single serving size. Treat yourself to a
little dolce vita today!
My review: I enjoy light citrusy, ice cold, sparkling wines so this wasn't bad at all. I got flavors of pears, peaches, green apples, lime/lemon/orange. Nice acidity and a relatively smooth finish. Good carbonation as well.
I tasted this on its own with no food.
Comments
Post a Comment