Wine Tasting Blog #12 - Domaine De Chevalier Pessac-Léognan (Grand Cru Classé de Graves)

 Name: Domaine De Chevalier Pessac-Leognan

Variety: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon 

Region: Pessac-Leognan, Bordeaux

Country: France 

Year: 2017

Price: $80

Expert Review: Wine Enthusiast gave it a 96/100 and said, "The wine is dense, with concentrated spice plus rich white and kiwi fruits. Acidity is prominent, giving the wine impressive fruitiness and aging potential as suggested by the texture and wood flavors. Drink this beautifully ripe wine from 2022."

Wine Folly: pg 88-89 - Cabernet Sauvignon, I get the high tannic content as well as flavors of black fruits like cherries and blackberries as well as tobacco, leather and smokiness. I didn't so much get bay leaf or mint. I did decant for 60+ minutes and served the wine roughly room temp. pg 222 - Bordeaux, I do get the smoke, and black currant. 

My review: I thought this wine was simply excellent. Powerful Bordeaux with a mouthful of tannins, spice, and dark fruits. Hits the pallet like a truck but yet has a beautiful smooth, berry finish. An excellent minerality to the wine as well. Delicious. Paired well with a roasted lamb shank.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wine Tasting Blog #9 - Ogio Prosecco

Wine Blog Tasting #5 - Castello Banfi Bell'Agio Chianti