Wine Blog Tasting #3 - Black Box Chardonnay
Variety: 100% Chardonnay
Region: Not Specified
Country: Australia
Year: 2021
Price:$8.99 (500 ml)
Winery Review: I was unable to really find any type of review for this version of the wine online. However, Black Box Wines has a California Chardonnay listed on their site and they said "Refreshing hints of crisp apple and a touch of oak accentuate Black Box Chardonnay’s smooth finish. Upon opening, this white wine stays fresh for six weeks, maintaining its excellent depth and structure. Pairs splendidly with chicken, white fish, and soft cheese."
Wine Folly: I just ordered Wine Folly and it isn't here yet, I will incorporate Wine Folly in my tasting blogs going forward.
My Review: This was my first time ever trying boxed wine (which is why I bought it), and I can't say that I'm super impressed. Maybe it's just the quality of the wine, but I'm not incredibly moved. It was nothing special, I got flavors of citrus with a hint of pineapple. Long, full finish on the palate of something almost like sour grapes. I didn't get much oak like the website described, but that may be attributed to it being the Australia Chardonnay. Not the best, but not the worst.
I didn't have this with any food.
Comments
Post a Comment