Wine Tasting Blog #1: St. Francis Cabernet Sauvignon, Sonoma County 2019 & Avignonesi Rosso di Montepulciano 2019
Pictured above are the two wines I chose to review this week. One is a St. Francis Cabernet Sauvignon, Sonoma County 2019 and the other is an Avignonesi Rosso di Montepulciano 2019.
First is the 2019 St. Francis Cabernet Sauvignon. It is a 100% Cabernet Sauvignon from North Coast, Sonoma County, California. Wine Enthusiast scored it an 86/100 and described the vintage as "An aroma of oak smoke and flavors of black pepper and blackberries dominate this full-bodied, chunky and moderately tannic wine. It's a little rough-edged, but nicely robust and flavorful." I quite enjoyed this wine and thought it was a great value for the price (~$20). I got oak and berries on the nose and it tasted of red fruits and berries like raspberries, plums, and blackberries. Also, medium tannis on the finish. I didn't have it with any food.
The second wine that I sampled this week was an Avignonesi Rosso di Montepulciano 2019. Upon tasting this vintage Raffaele Vecchione of WinesCritic.com said "Captivating and decidedly modern in the primary profile alternating notes of redcurrants, raspberries, strawberries and sweet caramel. Full-bodied, soft tannins of good workmanship and a finale of admiral beauty and splendid form. Drink now." It is a 100% Sangiovese from Rosso di Montepulciano, Tuscany. It is a wine with a deep ruby purple color and has a nose of red fruit and earthiness. The wine tastes of cherries and oak. For the price, (~$20) I thought the wine was good value for the price.
Comments
Post a Comment