Wine Tasting Blog #10 - Woodbridge Chardonnay

 

Name: Woodbridge California Chardonnay 

Variety: Verdejo, Muscat, Viognier, Chardonnay, Colombard (%'s unknown)

Region: Lodi, California 

Country: USA 

Year: Unknown 

Price: $5 (500 ml)

Winery Review: Woodbridge Chardonnay displays aromas of tropical fruit with a hint of cinnamon and maple, leading to a rich, toasty finish.

This vibrant, medium-bodied Chardonnay is lovely to pair with appetizers, including grilled summer vegetables and fresh fruits. Enjoy this convenient on-the-go and resealable box wine anytime anywhere. Best served slightly chilled.





Wine Folly: pg 96 Chardonnay - I get the yellow apple and tropical fruits like starfruit and pineapple, plus some vanilla afternotes. I served it cold and didn't decant it. 

pg 294 - Central Coast, CA Chardonnay - I get the toasted almond, and hints of mango. 

My review: This is apparently my grandmas favorite wine in the whole world, so you know I had to give it a try. I thought, for a boxed wine, that it was quite tasty. I served it quite cold and was able to get notes of pineapple, mango, and other tropical fruits. Finish was kind of rough with a bit of mouthwatering alcoholic after taste. However I thought it wasn't bad at all. I'd drink it again. 

I didn't taste this wine with any food. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wine Tasting Blog #9 - Ogio Prosecco

Wine Blog Tasting #5 - Castello Banfi Bell'Agio Chianti

Wine Tasting Blog #12 - Domaine De Chevalier Pessac-Léognan (Grand Cru Classé de Graves)