Wine Tasting Blog #13 - Josh Chardonnay

 Sunday, April 7th, 2024

Name: Josh Chardonnay 

Variety: 100% Chardonnay

Region: Hopland, California

Country: USA

Year: 2022

Price: $12.98 750 ml

Winery Review: Our Chardonnay is a great balance of bright citrus and honey with a touch of oak character and hints of juicy peach. Crafted with care so no single flavor overpowers another, this wine is simply delicious. 

Wine Folly: 96-97 Chardonnay - I get the citrus, mostly lemon, plus notes of apple, butter, and vanilla. Per California Chardonnays -- I did get a little bit of pineapple, but not so much nutmeg. I served the wine chilled, but didn't decant it.

My review: I had seen some jokes on twitter about "Josh" wine and figured that I had to give it a try. For the price, not a bad chardonnay at all. Like I said above, notes of lemon, apple, plus a slightly rough finish with hints of butter and vanilla. Definitely a bit of the mouth-warming alcohol feel going on with this wine. The wine was nice and cold and I enjoyed it at a grill we had for one of my friends' birthday along with a Josh Cabernet Sauvignon and a couple Pacificos.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wine Tasting Blog #9 - Ogio Prosecco

Wine Blog Tasting #5 - Castello Banfi Bell'Agio Chianti

Wine Tasting Blog #12 - Domaine De Chevalier Pessac-Léognan (Grand Cru Classé de Graves)